Before starting a course, or going on Erasmus abroad, people who want some listening practice can follow classes online: This can be in your own language or in a foreign language.
There are two types of free sources:
- Academic seminars online. Examples:
- General – BBC Documentary Podcasts,
- General science – BBC Life Scientific (over 200 episodes),
- Biology – Molecular Biology,
- Geology – Geology,
- History – BBC Factual_History, BBC Witness History, A History of the World in 100 Objects, Institute of Historical Research, http://www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com,
- Psychology – BBC All in the Mind,
- Sociology Newcastle Sociology Department seminars, etc
- Youtube materials: www.youtube.com and search for the subject you want: ‘biology lecture’, ‘economics seminar’, etc. As these are videos, the sound track is not always as good as podcasts.
You can look in the same way for seminars in other languages:
Seminaire (FR), Seminario (SP), Seminer (TR), …
Note: You can develop general listening skills as described on https://claireozel.wordpress.com/english/language/language/effective-listening/